Sunday, March 27, 2011

XCode Certificate and Provisioning Error

Note to self and anyone else that runs into this -

Today XCode 4 refused to build a project that used to build just fine till the last time I had opened it. A cryptic "Cannot find [pretty long string] profile".

After a bit of investigation, it turned out that my Developer certificate from Apple Developer Program had expired. Renewing and downloading the new certificate still did not solve the problem.

Keychain still had my old expired certificates in addition to the new ones. I was assuming that the new ones would start getting used but the existence of the old ones was causing XCode to still use them.

Finally, deleting all the expired certificates solved the issue.

6 comments:

vicky said...

hey aashish, its great work u did but i am not able to install app on my windowsXP and when i click wifi files transfer it say JRE or JDK required in the path...... checked my java and its fine ...running 1.6.0.26...whats wrong with desktop application????

aarons said...

Aashish,

My iPhone sees the computer, the desktop Control Pane says everything is started, but my phone never sees my computer's files.

What am I doing wrong?

David said...

Hi aashish,

WiFi Files works just fine!

We're developing a storage device, which can play the role of PC.
Can we license your APP? And build your protocol into our devices?

David Hsu

Aashish Patil said...

Hi David,

Is there an email I could reach you? Or alternately, contact me at mi.files AT live.com

Pathway to Awareness said...

Downloaded on my Windows 7 64 bit laptop. Would not extract in encryption...extracted without encryption but no exe file would run install...keeps wanting to extract...what am I doing wrong.

Pasquinade said...

Hi - downloaded win desktop app onto pc with win 7 64-bit. Would not install. Error message: "wifi file transfer executable launcher was unable to locate its companion shared library". Please advise. Thanks.

  DB Reading BASE: An Acid Alternative: In partitioned databases, trading some consistency for availability can lead to dramatic improvement...